The Department of English offers substantial support to undergraduate students through several endowed scholarship funds:
- The Lou and C.C. Burton ’42 Scholarship
- The Stewart and Anna Morgan Scholarship Fund
- The Caroll Laverty Memorial Scholarship
- The Dr. Teri Marshall ’89 Excellence in Writing Scholarship
- The Linda H. and Paul A. Parrish Endowed Scholarship for International Study
- The Natalou T. and Kenneth P. Pipes ’52 Endowed Scholarship
In addition, the generosity of donors allows the College of Liberal Arts to offer numerous merit- and need-based scholarships to help undergraduate students continue their education. To apply, continuing students must complete the University Scholarship Application during the application window of October 15 to February 1 annually. Incoming and transfer students apply through the ApplyTexas application. Both are common applications; students do not apply for individual scholarships. Additional information is available from Scholarships & Financial Aid.
The College of Liberal Arts is also please to award the Global Experience Scholarship in support of study abroad. Continuing students who wish to be considered for this scholarship should complete the University Scholarship Application during the applicable cycle.