Please follow these guidelines regardless of the funding source (e. g. departmental funds or research funds).
- For travel authorization, please submit a Concur Travel Request four to eight weeks before departure via the Concur system at SSO. A PDF of instructions for submitting the request can be found at the bottom of this page. This request will be used to obtain approval from the Department Head and prepare your reimbursement upon your return. (Graduate students should refer travel requests to the Graduate Office.)
- You will also be provided with a Reimbursement Form and envelope for receipts. Please use this form to document your expenses and return the form and envelope to Leah Foreman as soon as you return from your trip. Department policy states that receipts must be submitted within two weeks of your return. Reimbursements processed after 90 days from the trip end date are considered taxable income to the traveler and will result in additional withholding from your paycheck.
- For further information or questions about this page, send email to the English Department’s business personnel.
- Before you fill out the Concur Travel Request, please make sure you are familiar with the following:
If you book your airfare through Concur, you may request reimbursement of airfare only before your trip. Please submit the Pre-Trip Airfare Reimbursement Request form available at the bottom of this page along with all the necessary flight documentation to Leah Foreman to request the airfare reimbursement. This reimbursement will result in an additional Concur expense report fee ($5.43 for 2018-19). This option is only available if airfare is purchased through Concur. Airfare purchased from any other site cannot be reimbursed until after your trip.
- The university requires original itemized receipts.
- Disbursement Guidelinesrequest that we indicate if you share a hotel room. There are different allowances for reimbursement whether or not you share a room with another state employee. If you do share a room, ask the hotel to state the single rate on the hotel receipt.
- We cannot reimburse you for state tax on hotel rooms within Texas; please take a Hotel Tax Exemption Form with you and present the form at the hotel, requesting exemption of state tax.
- Please do not give us meal receipts. However, you must document the actual amount spent, up to the GSA daily rate, on the travel envelope.
- Original receipts are required by the university.
- The receipt should be itemized indicating the breakdown of fees, such as registration, meals, membership dues, etc.
- If a receipt is not available, proof of payment is required (copy of front and back of endorsed check or credit card statement).
- If your travel includes personal time, Texas A&M’s financial policies and procedures requires an airfare cost comparison for travel dates for the business travel.
- Personal time is defined as staying beyond more than one day before or after the conference dates.
- Please get the comparison fare in writing (e.g., a printout from an online travel site or from a travel agent).
- Please do not submit receipts with someone else’s name (such as a partner or spouse).
- Taxi/train/airport shuttle — date and destination are required; if you cannot get a receipt you may still be reimbursed by providing written documentation of the date, destination and amount.
The total reimbursement for each Department funded trip is capped at $1,200. This cap is based on the total of all actual expenses for airfare or mileage if driving, lodging, taxi or shuttle, registration fees, and actual meals up to the GSA daily rate.
- Please plan to draw on any grant funding you have to supplement and/or substitute for departmental funds whenever possible.
- Travel requests will be approved by the Department Head.
- Upon approval a Travel Reimbursement Packet will be placed in your mailbox. Contact Leah Foreman if you do not receive the packet prior to your travel date.
- If you have any questions about the policy, please make an appointment to meet with the Department Head.
- If you have questions about procedures, please contact Dalaiah Eiland.
- We will continue the practice of funding two conference trips per year, domestic or international, for tenure and tenure-track faculty. We will fund second trips as the budget permits, and we will prioritize funding second trips for assistant professors. We will also continue to fund one conference trip per year, domestic or international, for instructional faculty.
Please visit http://internationaltravel.tamu.edu/assistance-abroad-program/ for important information regarding the following:
- Health insurance
- International SOS — a valuable resource Texas A&M University provides to all employees who travel to international destinations on official university business
- The Concur Travel Request must be approved prior to your departure.
- If you have foreign travel plans, please discuss them with the Department Head as soon as possible.
- Please request funds from the Dean’s Office using the College of Liberal Arts International Travel Fund Request Form.