Hyoung Min Lee earned her BA and MA degrees in English from Chung-Ang University. Her MA thesis analyzes the ways Toni Morrison’s novel reveals the complexities of the ethics of perception, by attending to spatial issues. She intends to study various attempts to redirect and reorient the conventional ways of seeing bodies, pain, and social suffering. She is interested in critical theory, African American literature, race and ethnicity, and gender and sexuality.
- 20th and 21st Century Studies
- African American and Diaspora Literature
- American Literature and Culture
- Children’s Literature
- Gender and Sexuality Studies
- Graduate Research Scholarship, 2015-2017
- Summa Cum Laude Award, February 2015