- 20th and 21st Century Studies
- American Literature and Culture
- Cultural Studies
- Gender Studies
- Popular Culture
- Race and Ethnicity Studies
- Sexual Studies
- Transnational Literatures
- South Asian Diasporic Literatures and Cultural Production
- 20th and 21st Century U.S. Multi-Ethnic and Postcolonial Literatures
- Visual and Material Cultures
- Fashion and Beauty
- Transnational Feminisms and Queer Theory
- Critical Race Studies
Honors and Awards:
- Aggie Allies Rainbow Award for Accountability, Climate, and Equity (ACE) (TAMU, Department of Multicultural Services), 2016
- TAMU ADVANCE Scholar, 2015-2017
- Postdoctoral Fellowship, Indiana University, Bloomington, Department of Gender Studies, 2013-14
- Program to Enhance Scholarly and Creative Activities Grant, TAMU Division of Research, 2011-2012 academic year, 2011
- “Diasporic Beauty and Fashionability.” Routledge Handbook of the Indian Diaspora. (Forthcoming)
- “Refashioning Diaspora in Swati Khurana’s Video Art.” Forthcoming in special issue of South Asian Diasporaon South Asian Diasporic Visual Art, Spring 2017
- “Afro-Asian Intimacies and the Politics of Cross-Racial Struggle in Mira Nair’s Mississippi Masala. Journal of Asian American Studies.18.3 (Fall 2015): 233-63.
- “Jhumpa Lahiri’s Feminist Cosmopolitics and the Transnational Beauty Assemblage.” Meridians: feminism, race, transnationalism. 11.2 (Spring 2013): 29-59.
- “Beauty and the Limits of Belonging in Bharati Mukherjee’s Jasmine,” Contemporary Literature. 54.2 (Summer 2013): 337-68.
- “Come for the Saris, Stay for the Politics.” Migritude. Shailja Patel. Kaya Press: New York, 2010. 141-47.
- “The Nationalization of the Global Indian Woman: Geographies of Beauty in Femina,” Journal of South Asian Popular Culture (Spring 2006): 61-85.