Donnie Secreast received her BA from Radford University and both her MA in English Literature and Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Women’s and Gender Studies from University of North Carolina at Wilmington. Her research interests include the intersections of ecology, feminism, and humor in contemporary American fiction.
- 20th and 21st Century Studies
- American Literature and Culture
- Gender and Sexuality Studies
- Graduate Assistant, English Department, Texas A&M University, 2019
- Lechner Graduate Grant, Texas A&M University, 2019
- Graduate Assistant, English Department, University of North Carolina Wilmington
- Publication: (Forthcoming) “Stones, Turkey Necks, and Gizzards: Grotesque Humor and Metaphors of Masculinity in Sylvia Plath’s The Bell Jar.” Studies in the Novel, vol. 52, no. 1. 2020.