Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Desirae has a B.A. in Philosophy and French from Texas A&M University. Her main area of research is film and media studies with secondary interests in sex/gender studies, adaptation, and genre theory. In particular, she is interested in the eroticism of gendered cinematic violence and the way its representations change historically, formally, and generically. In addition to her academic work, Desirae is an Associate Film Editor for the online magazine <i>PopMatters</i>, where she contributes to both the film and TV sections.
- B.A., Philosophy and French, Phi Beta Kappa, Magna Cum Laude, Texas A&M University, Fall 2015
- PhD, English, Texas A&M University (ongoing)
- Certificate in Women’s and Gender Studies, Certificate in Film Studies (both ongoing)
- Graduate Teaching Assistant, Department of English, Texas A&M University 2015-present
- Graduate Research Assistant, Philosophy for Children Program, Department of Philosophy, Texas A&M University, Fall 2016