Students currently in the English Department M.A. program who wish to continue toward a Ph.D. must:
- Obtain a Letter of Intent Form from the Graduate Office Associate.
- Submit a new writing sample.
- Have at least a 3.5 grade point ratio (GPR).
- Submit three new letters of recommendation.
- Submit a statement of purpose.
Meeting these standards does not automatically ensure admission. You should consult with the Director of Graduate Studies before making your application. Recommendations of your Advisory Committee, GRE scores, rate of progress on the M.A., and other factors are considered. Applications are reviewed by the Graduate Studies Committee; admission is subject to the committee’s recommendation.